Immunization Patient Registry with Internet Technology (ImmPRINT) is a statewide population-based information system for all children born in Alabama since January 1, 1993. Vaccine histories are also available for patients of all ages if they have been to a county health department or see a private provider enrolled in ImmPRINT.
ImmPRINT Enrollment Benefits
- Print only ADPH approved Certificate of Immunization
- See Vaccine Forecaster to ensure the best medical decision
- Run HL7 Reports to ensure all vaccine administered is transmitted
Alabama Department of Public Health
Immunization Patient Resources with Integrated Technology (ImmPRINT)
Declaration of Readiness for Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 Meaningful Use (MU)
ImmPRINT accepts electronic immunization data submissions from Eligible Professionals’ (EPs) and Eligible Hospitals’ (EHs) certified electronic health record (EHR), to fulfill the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program and the MIPS Advancing Care Information Quality Payment Program for Public Health MU Reporting Objective - Immunization Registry Reporting.
Therefore, no Alabama EPs or EHs administering vaccines can receive exclusion to the Public Health Reporting MU Objective- Immunization Registry Reporting.
ImmPRINT accepts MU Exchange Standards listed below:
· MU Stage 2 HL7 Version 2.5.1
· MU Stage 3 HL7 Version 2.5.1
ImmPRINT currently is accepting Query/Response, Acknowledgement Messages, and National Drug Codes (NDC) for encountered vaccines. By 01/01/2018, ImmPRINT will implement the CDC HL7 2.5.1 Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.5 and Addendum.
- ImmPRINT Login
- Onboarding Steps
- Onboarding Roadmap
- HL7 Master Guide
- ADPH Security Portal
- Onboarding Letter
- Switching Vendor Guidelines
- Data Sharing Agreement
ADPH has been requested by Alabama providers statewide to supply the list of EHR vendors who have signed the Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) for HL7 onboarding. ADPH is not endorsing any vendors, but simply providing the requested list. Since September 2016, the following vendors have signed the DSA:
- Advanced MD
- Bizmatics Inc.
- Brookwood Baptist Health 2, LLC
- Cerner Corporation
- Clinix Md
- DavLong Business Solutions LLC
- Fox Meadows Software Ltd
- Jackson Keys
- McKesson Specialty Health
- Office Practicum
- Scientific Technologies Corporation
- Script Management Partners
- Systemedx Inc
Healthcare Providers: Be the Boss of Your EHR!
- Providers pay their vendors for their EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- Provider/staff must verify what their vendor is doing or not doing.
- Provider/staff is the only entity that can ensure its vendor's compliance.
- IMM will support providers/staff to "Be the Boss" by scheduling a three-way conference call with the provider, the vendor, and the ImmPRINT staff. To schedule a conference call, email your request to email@example.com.
- 2017 Enhancements
- 2016 Enhancements
- Steps to Assigning Students in ImmPRINT (for School Nurses)
- ImmPRINT Certificate of Immunization for School and Child Care/Home Letter (Updated 07/31/17. Original 4/6/2016), see sample of ADPH approved COI from ImmPRINT. See a sample Religious Exemption form issued by a county health department.
- In 4/1/16, ADPH, in collaboration with Pfizer and Televox, began sending reminder/recall postcards to all children aged 6-16 months of age in ImmPRINT who may be due or overdue for a vaccine.
- In 1/1/16, ADPH began educating Alabama public school nurses about printing an up-to-date Certificate of Immunization (COI) from ImmPRINT, with a defaulted expiration date based on next school-required vaccine, and the ability to enter historical data into ImmPRINT.
- As of 11/1/15, Medicaid claims data is no longer submitted to ImmPRINT. Medicaid claims data quality and new information were less than HL7 data quality. BC/BS claims data are being analyzed currently for possible discontinuation.
- Exchange of Immunization Information and Operation of the Alabama Immunization Registry
- State Law Governing Exchange of Immunization Data
- Immunization data can be shared with other immunization data users, schools, day care, etc., without the patient's permission, to learn more see HIPAA Letter.
If you are a healthcare provider, school, or child care center and want to enroll, please contact your District Immunization Compliance Manager listed below.
SOUTHWESTERN & MOBILE
Southwestern (334) 575-8867
Mobile (251) 544-2125
Page last updated: October 13, 2017