Office of EMS
The Office of EMS (OEMS) is responsible for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public by assuring that emergency medical services provided by ambulance services, emergency medical response agencies, training entities, and emergency medical services personnel meet or exceed established standards.
The OEMS investigates complaints and may exercise its authority to deny, place on probation, suspend, or revoke the licensure of an ambulance service, training entity, emergency medical response agency, and emergency medical services personnel when statutory or regulatory violation is substantiated.
EMS News and Events
- EMS Newsletters: The electronic periodical for EMS providers.
- Important Ebola Information: EMS specific guidelines regarding care and transport of suspected patients.
- Notices and Events: Stay on top of upcoming meetings, training opportunities, general notices, and more.
- Education and Testing: A one-stop shop for educational offerings provided by the OEMS and the six Alabama EMS regional offices.
- Licensure: All forms required for individual and provider service licensure.
- National Registry of EMTs State Annual Report (1MB): A copy of the 2016 Alabama Annual Report from NREMT.
NEMSIS Data Update
As of December 1, 2016, NEMSIS version 2.0 testing will no longer be approved by the Office of EMS.
The Office of EMS has designed a brochure with commonly requested information as a resource to our providers.
EMS on Facebook
Follow Alabama Office of EMS on Facebook.
Page last updated: September 19, 2017