Vaccines for Children Program
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program was created to remove vaccine costs as a barrier and in response to the private medical community's vital role in serving the immunizations needs of our youngest citizens. The Alabama VFC Program will supply vaccine at no cost to public and private health care providers who enroll and agree to immunize eligible children in their practices or clinics.
Children from birth through 18 years of age eligible to receive free vaccine through this program include children who are:
- Medicaid enrolled
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
* Children who have health insurance that does not include vaccine as a covered benefit may receive free vaccine through the VFC Program from a federally qualified health center or a rural health clinic.
VFC Provider Benefits
Benefits include the following:
- Ensure your patients get vaccinated on time.
- Control who you see in your practice.
- No fee caps are set on the office visit charge, only administration fee.
- 2018 VFC Annual Provider Agreement (Due 05/01/18)
- Medicaid Data Sheet
- 2018 VFC Annual Mass Vaccinator Agreement
- New VFC Provider Enrollment Packet
- You Call the Shots Modules (CDC)
- 2018 Provider Profile
VFC Provider Policies
- VFC Vaccine Replacement Policy (April 2018)
- VFC Fraud, Abuse, and Wastage Policy
- School Located Influenza Clinic policy
- Borrowing Policy
- VTrckS ID Voucher
- 2018-2019 Flu Order Form
- VFC Flu Prebook Process Summary
- VFC Expired/Spoiled Vaccine Report
- Instructions for returning VFC Expired/Spoiled Vaccine through VTrckS
- Private Physician Form Requisitions
- Refrigerator Temp Log (Fahrenheit)
- Refrigerator Temp Log (Celsius)
- Freezer Temp Log (Fahrenheit)
- Freezer Temp Log (Celsius)
- Data Logger Flyer (information regarding selecting and using a data logger)
- Data Logger Guidelines
- March 2016 Mailout
- December 2015 Mailout
- FridgeTag/FreezeTag Operating Manual(Protocol)
- Medicaid Billing Instructions (CPT Codes)
CDC and Other Provider Resources
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices VFC Resolutions
- General Best Practice Guidelines
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Recommendations (CDC)
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit (CDC)
- Alabama Medicaid Agency
VFC Adolescent Vaccine Campaign
The Alabama VFC Program is pleased to announce the VFC Adolescent Vaccine Campaign. Our goal is to increase parental, community, and provider awareness and education regarding recommended adolescent vaccinations for 11-12 year olds: meningococcal, Tdap, and HPV. For more information about these vaccines and the diseases they prevent, visit the CDC Pre-teen and Adolescent Immunization website.
For information about the laws that created the VFC Program, visit the CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.
Page last updated: June 15, 2018