Statements and Policies
Table of Contents
- Accessibility Statement
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Informing Individuals with Limited English Proficiency of Language Assistance Services
- Privacy Statement
- Security Statement
In response to the need to ensure equal access to electronic and information technologies, ADPH has developed a set of standards for web page design. Just as environmental obstacles have inhibited individuals with disabilities, the Internet poses an entirely new set of obstacles. In recognition of those individuals with visual, physical or developmental disabilities, ADPH has adopted a policy to make government information accessible to all.
The Alabama Department of Public Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Alabama Department of Public Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Alabama Department of Public Health:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact our Civil Rights Coordinator, 1-800-206-9494. If you believe that the Alabama Department of Public Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Civil Rights Coordinator
Alabama Department of Public Health
RSA Tower, Suite 1698
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, Al 36104
Phone: 1-800-206-9494, Fax: 334- 206-3735, Email: CRComplaints@adph.state.al.us.
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at HHS.gov Office of Civil Rights.
Informing Individuals with Limited English Proficiency of Language Assistance Services
Attention: If you speak any of the languages listed below, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you:
1. Spanish or Spanish Creole – ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al
2. Korean - 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
3. Chinese - 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電
4. Vietnamese - CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số
5. Arabic - إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. </اتصل برقم> (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم:.
6. German - ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer:
7. French - ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement.
8. Gujarati - ચુ ના: જો તમેજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો િન:લ્કુ ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટઉપલબ્ધ છ. ફોન કરો
9. Tagalog - PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad.
10. Hindi - ध्यान द: यद आप हदी बोलते ह तो आपके िलए मुफ्त म भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध ह। पर कॉल कर।
11. Laotian - OBAVJEŠTENJE: Ako govorite srpsko-hrvatski, usluge jezičke pomoći dostupne su vam besplatno.
12. Russian - ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны
бесплатные услуги перевода.
13. Portuguese - ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis.
14. Turkish - DİKKAT: Eğer Türkçe konuşuyor iseniz, dil yardımı hizmetlerinden ücretsiz olarak yararlanabilirsiniz. irtibat numaralarını arayın.
15. Japanese - 注意事項：日本語を話される場合、無料の言語支援をご利用いただけます。まで、お電話にてご連絡ください。
We want to be very clear. We prohibit commercial marketing of visitor information and the disclosure of personal information without prior consent of the visitor. We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, such as an email address. We use your email address to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our web site, or to forward email to another agency for appropriate action.
Our server tracks statistical information to help our Divisions and Programs analyze the use of their sites. We collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The name of the domain from which you access
- The Internet the date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site
We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Security is a critical segment of ADPH's website. The State of Alabama considers the security of our partners' and citizens' information critical. We handle online information with commitment to ensure a secure environment that can be trusted to fulfill all confidentiality requirements. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess the newest technology for protecting information.
Sensitive information used in financial transactions, such as social security numbers, banking information and personal data is confidential. ADPH is committed to ensuring our partners' and citizens' confidentiality through the use of state-of-the-art information security and the adoption of appropriate privacy policies and procedures.
Page last updated: March 22, 2017