Youth TPC Program
FDA Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan
FDA's Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan is a series of actions to stop youth use of tobacco products, especially e-cigarettes, with special focus on three key areas:
- Preventing youth access to tobacco products
- Curbing marketing of tobacco products aimed at youth; and
- Educating teens about the dangers of using any tobacco product, including e-cigarettes, as well as educating retailers about their key role in protecting youth
For more information, visit the FDA Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan.
The Alabama Quitline is a toll-free, telephone-based tobacco cessation service (1-800 Quit Now or 1-800-784-8669) for all Alabama residents that provides free counseling and up to eight weeks of nicotine patches to medically eligible callers enrolled in the program. Services are also available at www.QuitNowAlabama.com.
Visit Youth Quitline Materials for free print materials that promote the Alabama Quitline.
The Youth Tobacco Program has a Facebook fan page just for teens. It is a great place for teens to find out about the Alabama Tobacco Quitline.
- Alabama You Choose - Facebook
Tobacco Facts and Other Information
- The State of Youth Tobacco Prevention and Control Spending in Alabama: Struggles, Consequences, and Solutions
- Tobacco News and Information
- The Toll of Tobacco Fact Sheet
- ASH Publications
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Foundation for Smoke-Free America
- Great American Smokeout
- Kick Butts Day
- Red Ribbon Campaign
- World No Tobacco Day
- Y Street
Page last updated: June 5, 2019