Advanced Life Support (ALS) Non-Transport Equipment Lists
- ALS Advanced Emergency Medical Services Personnel (EMSP) Equipment List
- ALS Intermediate EMSP Equipment List
- ALS Paramedic Equipment List
Additional Response Non-Transport Vehicle Equipment Lists
Ground Ambulance Equipment Lists
- Basic Life Support Equipment List
- Advanced EMSP Equipment List
- Intermediate EMSP Equipment List
- Paramedic Equipment List
Air Ambulance Equipment Lists
Optional Equipment and Medications
- The Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services Ground Vehicle Standards (CAAS GVS 1.0)
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Ground Vehicle Standards
- GSA-KKK-1922F (2MB)
- The General Services Administration (GSA) Change Notice #8 will be effective July 1, 2015. This notice requires compliance with SAE J3026 and J3027 for new production ambulances ordered after July 1, as well as some other minor clarifications to the document.
- The GSA Change Notice #9 went into effect July 1, 2016. This notice requires compliance with SAE J3043 in reference to equipment mounting and storage in the patient care compartment.
The inclusion of these new SAE standards as a requirement in KKK is a major change with significant effect. Some considerations are:
- These standards are the best science our industry has ever had. Properly executed, they will create a huge improvement in patient compartment safety.
- Like everything else, improvements come with a price. Implementation of these standards will have a substantial cost impact on the price of compliant vehicles.
- These new standards will only be required in states that mandate KKK or that somehow otherwise adopt the requirements.
- The Litter requirements are undoubtedly the most significant change. The SAE J3027 compliant product lines offered by the two existing cot manufacturers may not yet be complete enough to fully satisfy the needs of the market.
- There are no requirements for existing fleets or for units that are remounted.
Page last updated: April 13, 2017