Statements and Policies
Table of Contents
- Accessibility Statement
- Privacy Statement
- Security Statement
- ADPH and HHS Nondiscrimination Statement
- WIC Nondiscrimination Statement
- Free Communication Assistance
In response to the need to ensure equal access to electronic and information technologies, ADPH has developed a set of standards for web page design. Just as environmental obstacles have inhibited individuals with disabilities, the Internet poses an entirely new set of obstacles. In recognition of those individuals with visual, physical or developmental disabilities, ADPH has adopted a policy to make government information accessible to all.
We want to be very clear. We prohibit commercial marketing of visitor information and the disclosure of personal information without prior consent of the visitor. We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, such as an email address. We use your email address to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our web site, or to forward email to another agency for appropriate action.
Our server tracks statistical information to help our Divisions and Programs analyze the use of their sites. We collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The name of the domain from which you access
- The Internet the date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site
We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Security is a critical segment of ADPH's website. The State of Alabama considers the security of our partners' and citizens' information critical. We handle online information with commitment to ensure a secure environment that can be trusted to fulfill all confidentiality requirements. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess the newest technology for protecting information.
Sensitive information used in financial transactions, such as social security numbers, banking information and personal data is confidential. ADPH is committed to ensuring our partners' and citizens' confidentiality through the use of state-of-the-art information security and the adoption of appropriate privacy policies and procedures.
The purpose of the Alabama Department of Public Health Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube accounts is to present matters of public interest in public health. ADPH encourages feedback and information sharing, but ask that you post comments that are relevant to the subject under discussion and be respectful of others. We reserve the right to delete comments deemed clearly off-topic, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, or harassing in nature and to block repeat offenders without notification. Posted comments do not necessarily represent the views of ADPH, its officers or employees, or the State of Alabama. You may not sell, promote, or advertise any products or services on the ADPH Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube accounts nor represent any such as being endorsed in any way by ADPH or the State of Alabama.
ADPH and HHS Nondiscrimination Statement
The Alabama Department of Public Health and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Alabama Department of Public Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Alabama Department of Public Health:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact our Civil Rights Coordinator at 1-800-206-9494. If you believe that the Alabama Department of Public Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Civil Rights Coordinator
Alabama Department of Public Health
RSA Tower, Suite 1698
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, Al 36104
Fax: 334- 206-3735
If you need these services, contact HHS at 1-877-696-6775. If you believe that HHS has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Free Communication Assistance
The Alabama Department of Public Health offers free communication assistance to all clients. Free communication assistance is the use of an interpreter or other communication services to assist the participant to effectively communicate with bilingual staff. Communication services include but are not limited to: qualified interpreter, language line, sign language interpreter, use of a qualified reader, information in large print, Braille, video remote interpreting, written notes, note takers, etc.
Attention: If you speak any of the languages listed below, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you:
1. Spanish or Spanish Creole – ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al
2. Korean - 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
3. Chinese - 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電
4. Vietnamese - CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số
5. Arabic - إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. </اتصل برقم> (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم:.
6. German - ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer:
7. French - ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement.
8. Gujarati - ચુ ના: જો તમેજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો િન:લ્કુ ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટઉપલબ્ધ છ. ફોન કરો
9. Tagalog - PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad.
10. Hindi - ध्यान द: यद आप हदी बोलते ह तो आपके िलए मुफ्त म भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध ह। पर कॉल कर।
11. Laotian - OBAVJEŠTENJE: Ako govorite srpsko-hrvatski, usluge jezičke pomoći dostupne su vam besplatno.
12. Russian - ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны
бесплатные услуги перевода.
13. Portuguese - ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis.
14. Turkish - DİKKAT: Eğer Türkçe konuşuyor iseniz, dil yardımı hizmetlerinden ücretsiz olarak yararlanabilirsiniz. irtibat numaralarını arayın.
15. Japanese - 注意事項：日本語を話される場合、無料の言語支援をご利用いただけます。まで、お電話にてご連絡ください。
Page last updated: October 1, 2019