Healthy Lifestyle Tips
The Nutrition and Physical Activity (NPA) Division, located with in the Bureau of Professional and Support Services, serves as the focal point within the Department of Public Health to promote nutrition and physical activity as a part of a healthy lifestyle. The NPA offers information, tips, and resources to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Adult BMI Calculator - Provides BMI and the corresponding BMI weight status category.
- Be Heart Healthy - Learn better food habits that can help reduce your chances for heart disease, high blood cholesterol, strokes, and heart attacks.
- Child and Teen BMI Calculator - Provides BMI and the corresponding BMI-for-age percentile on a CDC BMI-for-age growth chart.
- ChooseMyPlate Super Tracker - Can help you plan, analyze and track your diet and physical activity.
- Fad Diets - It is hard not to fall for the "latest" diet trends, especially when quick weight loss is guaranteed. Learn what clues to look for and get tips for choosing a weight-loss plan.
- Fruits and Veggies - More Matters™ - Practical tips on how to get more fruits and veggies in your family's diet, recipes to make fruits and veggies everyone's favorite, and nutrition information that teaches you how to keep a good balance.
- Guide to Healthy Living - The AARP's guide to healthy living for senior adults.
- Healthy Lifestyle Prescription Pad Contract - Choose to make at least one dietary change, one physical activity change, and one behavioral change.
- Healthy Recipes - A variety of heart-healthy recipes and southern style cooking using fruits and vegetables.
- National Association for Health and Fitness - Promotes physical fitness and healthy living through coalitions that encourage environmental and policy support at the local level.
- Physical Activity - By simply adding more of these types of activities to your daily routine, you can increase your activity and help improve your health.
- The Plate Planner - Your guide to building a balanced meal. (El Plan del Plato de Comida)
- Shape Up America! - A not-for-profit organization dedicate to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue.
Page last updated: April 17, 2017