Intimate Partner Violence/Domestic Violence
Each year more than 12 million women and men are the victims of rape, physical violence or stalking, in the United States. According to the CDC, About 1 in 4 women and nearly 1 in 10 men have experienced contact sexual violence, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner during their lifetime and reported some form of IPV-related impact. Also, over 43 million women and 38 million men experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, call your local domestic violence shelter.
Alabama Coalition Against Rape
The Alabama Coalition Against Rape (ACAR), formerly known as the Alabama Coalition Against Sexual Violence (ACASV), is a statewide non-profit agency which has 15 member rape crisis centers throughout the state. ACAR provides training and educational resources to law enforcement personnel, hospital, universities, schools, prosecutors, legislatures and the public.
- Intimate Partner Violence Prevention Plan
- Alabama Violence Against Women Plan
- Alabama Violence Against Women Resource Directory
- Faith Trust Institute
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Intimate Partner Violence
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Violence Against Women
- HopeLine for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Shelter Locator
- The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
Page last updated: September 26, 2019