Alabama Adolescent Vaccination Task Force
The purpose of the Alabama Adolescent Vaccination Task Force, or AAVTF, is to bring together organizations with a common goal in order to increase Alabama adolescent vaccination rates, with a specific focus on HPV Vaccination.
Interested in helping the Alabama Adolescent Vaccination Task Force? Please fill out our Resource Inventory - Member form.
The AAVTF features members from different organizations throughout the state.
Alabama Cancer Society
Alabama Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Alabama State Board of Education
Alabama Medicaid Agency
Alabama Pharmacy Association
Alabama Vaccine Advisory Committee
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Mitchell Cancer Institute
University of South Alabama
Educational Webinar Opportunities
- April 10 (11:30 AM - 12:30 PM CDT) "Preventing HPV Cancers through Health Systems: A Tale from Three Systems"
- April 30 (2:00 - 3:00 PM CDT) "The 'Shoestring Budget' Plan for Doing HPV Vaccination Quality Improvement in
Primary Care Offices"
- May 29 (12:00 - 1:00 PM CDT) "How Pharmacists Can Help Promote HPV Vaccination"
- Free CME Self-Study Guide "Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Safety"
Take the Course
- 2018 HPV Workshop Team Action Plan for Alabama
- Quality Improvement Strategies
- Sports Physical Conversion Tool
- Adolescent Revenue Opportunity for HPV Vaccine
- American Cancer Society - HPV Vaccine Endorsement
- CDC - MMWR - HPV Associated Cancer Trends
- CDC - MMWR - HPV Vaccination Coverage Report
- AAP - HPV Legislation v.s. Sexual Behaviors of Adolescents
- HPV - Take a Shot at Cancer
- HPV Vaccination - Just the Facts for Parents
- HPV & Dentistry - The Connection
Recommended Vaccines for Adolescents
Alabama State Policy
Page last updated: March 22, 2019