Every woman needs an active lifestyle, so get out and get moving!
Having physical activity on your to-do list can:
- improve your mood.
- help you handle stress and reduce anxiety and depression.
- increase your energy and endurance.
- help you sleep better.
- lose weight or help you maintain a healthy weight.
- can lower your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and breast cancer.
When scheduling your activity don’t forget to:
- include aerobic, strength-training, and stretching activities.
- move for at least 150 minutes a week, or 50 minutes a day for 3 days or 30 minutes a day for 5 days.
- make it fun!
Walk while you talk on your cell phone, move during commercials when you are watching your favorite show, or make it social and go dancing!
You say your schedule is just too busy? Can’t fit the moving in? No way! Try doing three 10-minute walks instead of one long one. Create opportunities for activity by parking far away from the door or by walking to the store instead. Get up from your desk or computer every hour and do a couple of minutes of walking or stretching. Get outside and play with your children. Make moving a priority!
Page last updated: April 12, 2017