Alabama's state health department was awarded PHAB Accreditation on June 6, 2017, for five years. Documentation of the accredation award is below.
- PHAB Notification of Accreditation Decision (June 6, 2017)
- PHAB Accreditation Certificate (June 6, 2017)
- ADPH Press Release (June 22, 2017)
Process, Prerequisite and Organization Presentation
The following presentation provides a brief overview of the PHAB accreditation process, including application prerequisites and explanations of domain roles and responsibilities.
- PHAB Overview (1 MB)
Alabama's Health Articles
Alabama's Health, the newsletter for employees of the Alabama Department of Public Health, will cover the process and progress of accreditation in a series of articles.
- Public Health Accreditation May Be In Department's Future (July 2012)
- Everyone's Participation Is Needed for Public Health Accreditation (March 2014)
- Something to Celebrate: Accreditation is Progressing (August 2014)
- Strategic Thinking Retreat Looks to the Future (August 2014)
- Community Health Improvement Plan Stakeholders Meet (November 2014)
- Improving the Public's Health Means Improving Public Health (November 2014)
- Organization is Key as Public Health Accreditation Efforts Continue (March 2015)
- Alabamians Identify Top Health Issues to Address (May 2015)
- State Health Department Submits PHAB Application June 22 (August 2015)
- Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) Document Review Panel Recognized (April 2017)
- National Accreditation Awarded, PHAB Announces! (July 2017)
For further information on ADPH's participation in the accreditation process, contact Carrie Allison via email at Carrie.Allison@adph.state.al.us or at (334) 206-5229.
- Our Journey to Accreditation (April 2016 Presentation by Dr. Mary McIntyre at the Alabama Public Health Association Annual Conference) (4 MB)
- Accreditation Flyer (September 2014)
Page last updated: August 9, 2017